Interesting manipulation of the media Friday. Andre Theurzeit, officer Nick Heidfeld confirmed in Auto Bild that his client was interested in being a test pilot Mercedes GP. To deny an hour later information on other German media. The principle of deny for confirm.
The future of Nick Heidfeld is unclear. Between Renault and Mercedes GP he hesite. I think (having not yet information on the subject) that Heidfeld is aware of his situation. He wants to run at Renault but claim a very high salary, which blocks the negotiations. Then, on the other hand, Mercedes-Benz offered him a low salary and no guarantee of returning to Formula 1 in 2011.
A Formula 1 team in rebuilding, or a golden retirement pilot luxury ? The choice of Heidfeld seems to lean in the second solution. The agent of German driver, quickly in denying, has confirmed the primary interest for Mercedes GP, but not to Mercedes price. This is probably the subtlety of the approach on Friday. Answer today on the future of Nick Heidfeld.
- F1 - Renault : un 2ème pilote par élimination
- F1 - Le GPDA votera son président le 12 Mars
- F1 - QADBACK et Toyota dans le viseur de Heidfeld
- F1 - Mercedes prépare les alternatives à Raikkonen chez McLaren et Brawn
- F1 - Heidfeld entre Mercedes GP et...Renault